Hi, I’m Suzanne Tapper. As a teenager I battled a debilitating health crisis that robbed me of a couple of years of normal teenage vitality. A very progressive minded GP helped me turn that around by teaching me how to embrace my healing from a more holistic perspective.
I still remember my first session with him, which was an hour long! Now of course I know that in order to help a person facilitate change in their health, the first step is to take the time to listen to their story, ask more questions and to dig deeper to discover patterns contributing to their current health concerns.
Years later and considered to be fit and healthy, I struggled to conceive. This part of my journey would give me insight into the fertility challenges of the many patients who would seek my help over the ensuing years.
In 2006 I achieved a Masters Degree with Distinction from world leading complementary medicine research centre, Western Sydney University, in which my research design explored the use of Chinese herbal medicine to improve fertility. Helping men and women seeking help for fertility challenges officially became my specialist area. Subsequently I began being invited to speak at conferences for medical fertility practitioners and acupuncturists as well as being asked to meet with fertility clinic staff to educate them about my work.
I have a genuine passion for thinking outside the box to help men and women overcome fertility challenges. Fertility medicine is an exciting specialist area to work in due to the vast amount of research occurring. Using my clinical experience with this research, I’ve developed an evidence-based method to identify suboptimal health patterns that can affect fertility. The Fertility Breakthrough Method™ integrates functional medicine with a natural or integrated medical approach to fertility, based in Chinese Medicine.
Teaching people how to help themselves forms the foundation of my work. If people require working with me on a private basis, my treatment methods may include prescription of Chinese herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, dietary advice, lifestyle modification or an integrated medicine approach. Acupuncture may also be scheduled appropriately with either myself or one of my colleagues.
No one can guarantee you will get your baby. However I promise you my commitment to providing you with quality information, support and guidance as your embrace a new integrated approach to getting your baby.
- Masters Degree (Distinction) Traditional Chinese Medicine from world leading complementary medicine research centre, Western Sydney University
- Creator of the Fertility Breakthrough Method™.
- Over 25 years private practice experience.
- Invited speaker to Fertility Associates Christchurch, Genea-Oxford Fertility Clinic, Fertility Nurses of Australasia, Acupuncture New Zealand
- Past research committee advisory board member for the New Zealand College of Chinese Medicine
- Past lecturer for 10 years at Christchurch College of Holistic Healing/NZCCM
- Former South Island regional representative for New Zealand Register of Acupuncturists
- Published peer reviewed author
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Vancouver Island, Canada