Hi, I’m Suzanne Tapper.
I’m passionate about helping people find outside the box solutions to improve their health and functionality at all levels. I believe good solutions to infertility, come from deeply investigating the reasons “Why” a particular barrier to fertility has arisen for an individual. We all learn sooner or later, there is not a one size fits all approach to overcoming fertility challenges. Even people with the same medical diagnosis will have varying successes with IVF, drugs, surgery, diet changes and various supplements. So clearly, understanding the various influences that could be affecting an individual’s reproductive health is an important place to begin when trying to find a solution to help them get their baby.
Even though I was considered to be fit and healthy, years ago I struggled to conceive my second child. This part of my journey has given me some insight into the fertility challenges of the many people who have since sought my help. I know that in order to help a person facilitate change in their health, the first step is to take the time to listen to their story, ask more questions and to dig deeper to discover possible issues contributing to their current fertility situation.
In 2006 I achieved a Masters Degree with Distinction from world leading complementary medicine research centre, Western Sydney University, in which my research design explored the use of natural medicine to improve fertility. Helping men and women seeking help for fertility challenges officially became my specialist area. Subsequently I began being invited to speak at conferences for medical fertility practitioners and acupuncturists as well as being asked to meet with fertility clinic staff to educate them about my work.
Using my clinical experience combined with research, I’ve developed an evidence-based method to identify suboptimal health patterns that can affect fertility and reproductive health. The Fertility Breakthrough Method™ integrates functional medicine with a natural or integrated medical approach to fertility, based in Chinese Medicine.
Teaching people how to help themselves forms the foundation of my work. If people require working with me on a private basis, my treatment methods may include prescription of Chinese herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, dietary advice, lifestyle modification or an integrated medicine approach. Acupuncture may also be scheduled appropriately with either myself or one of my colleagues.
No one can guarantee you will get your baby. However I promise you my commitment to providing you with quality information, support and guidance as your embrace a new integrated approach to getting your baby.
- Practitioner and researcher
- Masters Degree (Distinction) Traditional Chinese Medicine from world leading complementary medicine research centre, Western Sydney University
- Creator of the Fertility Breakthrough Method™.
- Over 26 years private practice experience.
- Invited speaker to Fertility Associates Christchurch, Genea-Oxford Fertility Clinic, Fertility Nurses of Australasia, Acupuncture New Zealand
- Past research committee advisory board member for the New Zealand College of Chinese Medicine
- Past lecturer for 10 years at Christchurch College of Holistic Healing/NZCCM
- Former South Island regional representative for New Zealand Register of Acupuncturists
- Published peer reviewed author
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Vancouver Island, Canada
For information about the methods I use, click through here.