Hi, I’m Suzanne Tapper.
I’m passionate about helping people find ‘outside the box’ solutions to improve their health and functionality at all levels. I believe good solutions for less than optimal health, including issues with sleep, vitality, hormones, fertility and general well-being, come from deeply investigating the reasons “Why” a particular barrier to optimal wellness has arisen for an individual.
“There is not a one size fits all approach to overcoming challenges in these areas.”
We all learn sooner or later, there is not a one size fits all approach to overcoming any of these challenges. Even people with the same medical diagnosis will have varying successes with herbs, drugs, surgery, diet changes and various supplements. So clearly, understanding the various influences that could be affecting an individual’s health is an important place to begin when trying to find a solution. This is the holistic foundation of the functional medicine approach I use. You will be evaluated as an individual and your treatment plan created accordingly.
“Teaching people how to help themselves forms the foundation of my work.”
Teaching people how to help themselves forms the foundation of my work. I promise you my commitment to providing you with quality information, support and guidance as you embrace a functional medicine approach to improving whatever it is you need help with.
I have a special interest in fertility medicine. Aside from helping my patients address barriers to optimal fertility, I have been lecturing on this subject to my peers, internationally. In 2006 I achieved a Masters Degree with Distinction from Western Sydney University, in which my research design explored the use of natural medicine to improve fertility. Now using my clinical experience combined with research, I’ve developed an evidence-based method to identify sub-optimal health patterns that can affect fertility and reproductive health. The Fertility Breakthrough Method™ integrates functional medicine with a natural or integrated medical approach to fertility.
- Practitioner and researcher
- Masters Degree (Distinction) Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Creator of the Fertility Breakthrough Method™.
- Over 27 years private practice experience.
- Natural fertility speaker at WFAS International Consensus on Acupuncture and Complementary Medicine, Fertility Associates Christchurch, Genea-Oxford Fertility Clinic, Fertility Nurses of Australasia Annual conference, Acupuncture New Zealand annual conferences
- Past research and ethics committee advisory board member
- Past acupuncture and TCM lecturer for 10 years at Christchurch College of Holistic Healing
- Former South Island regional representative for New Zealand Register of Acupuncturists
- Published peer reviewed author
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Vancouver Island, Canada